Thursday, May 5, 2011

40 pounds lighter and feeling fine...

About 8 months ago I was standing on the toilet in our bathroom painting a wall, when I happened to catch a full length glimpse of myself in the mirror.. Needless to say, I was horrified at what I saw. I was under the false assumption that I looked good and only need to loose a few pounds.. Well, I was wrong, and for the first I decided that something had to be done. The next week I brought home my old treadmill from my moms house that I hadn't been on since high school, and that was the beginning of my journey. They say the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and boy were they right. This has without a doubt been the hardest thing I have ever done. Loosing weight for me had to be a lifestyle change above anything else, and completely changing every habit I had formed. There were lots of crying and screaming along the way and the empty threats of giving up more times than I can count, but looking back now 15 pounds away from my goal weight I am so proud of myself.
A huge part of this was learning to except things that I can't change. I am always going to have a bug butt, no matter what my weight I have junk in my trunk.. And have been told that this is not necessary a bad thing. I am always going to have stretch marks and saggy belly skin, but that is my reminder that I have two beautiful little girls that I would do anything for. I am always going to have short legs, and be shorter than most of the worlds population.. But as my wonderful husband likes to remind me, I am the perfect size for him and that is all that matters.
In the long run what should matter above everything else is that I am happy and healthy and I am passing good habits on to my girls. I want them to know that it is okay not to look like the women on TV, and be happy with the imperfections we all have. So last but not least I would like to say.... WOO-HOOOOOO!!! I have lost 40 pounds and am feeling fine!!!
PS.. Please excuse the toilet in the background.. That was the only mirror I had to take a picture in..
Before....


After...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

***jumping up and down and whistling*** You go girl! Hot mamma on the loose! You look fantastic! I think I pretty much lose. We will discuss when I get there. ;)And what Joe said melted my heart. You sure have a good husband. :)

Jenna said...

You're Beautiful and an inspiration! And there is nothing wrong with a big booty, or being short...we in-laws have to stick together around the tall and no butts!